Here are some of the things he said that I really like:
- "What do you worry about the most?"
- "What if it was taken away would make you feel a little suicidal?"
- "What prayer if God didn't answer it would make you seriously think about turning away from Him?"
- "What things do I day dream about?"
- "Where does my mind go when it is free?"
"Christians don't understand the gospel for Christians--they understand the gospel for non-Christians."
"The Gospel is for Christians not just non-Christians."
"We need to repent deeply. I want to understand that I am a bigger sinner than I thought and He is a greater Savior than I thought. I want to get that every day."
Ironically, legalism is not cured by lessening the Law’s demands but by seeing the demands satisfied in the perfect life and substitutionary death of Jesus.