Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting Ready for Sunday

This Sunday, our sermon will be on the the ten plagues. Why did God let the horrible plagues come upon the Egyptians? What was he doing?

ESV Exodus 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD.

ESV Numbers 33:4 while the Egyptians were burying all their firstborn, whom the LORD had struck down among them. On their gods also the LORD executed judgments.
So it's a bit of show down especially since, as we noted last week, Pharaoh had questioned the ability of the LORD:
ESV Exodus 5:2 But Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, and moreover, I will not let Israel go."

Here's a bit of theme music to get you ready:

No comments:

"The Voyages..." Forays into Biblical studies, Biblical exegesis, theology, exposition, life, and occasionally some Star Trek...