Friday, November 20, 2009

Dear Amazon.com

Dear Amazon.com,

I'm a loyal customer who orders books pretty regularly from your site, much to the chagrin of my wife and our family budget. This Monday I placed a small order with you. Since I have Amazon Prime, the order came with two day shipping and arrived on Wednesday. Upon opening the order, the discovered an oddity: the book I had order came with the right cover but the wrong text printed inside. Obviously, a simple mistake when packing the order: one assumes the cover outside matches the book inside.

So I promptly went online and filled out the return information. I want to thank you and commend to others your customer service. Not only was it easy to fill out the return labels your options were convenient: I could choose to send it UPS or USPS. This added little interruption to my schedule.

I am also amazed at the speed with which you processed my claim. The new book was out for delivery by the end of the day and since you sent it on 1-day delivery, I had the new book in my hands by the next day. I was amazed at the speed and ease. Sometimes big organizations become over burdened and sluggish in processing customer concerns, complaints and return. Larger companies can at times take a sort of 'at their own leisure' approach to customer service rationalizing that they have some many that making one customer wait a few days (even a few weeks) will not harm their overall sales.

Anyways, thank you for the excellent customer service. I am now able to use the book for this weekend, a deadline that I assumed would not be met once I realized the wrong book was sent to me.


Appreciative,
Tim B

No comments:

"The Voyages..." Forays into Biblical studies, Biblical exegesis, theology, exposition, life, and occasionally some Star Trek...