Friday, February 25, 2011

Kingdom of God Presentation

Here is the video of a paper presentation I gave on the Kingdom of God.




http://vimeo.com/20321217

It is a bit long, coming in at 1hr 23min. I never like watching myself in these things because you see all my foibles. There are few times when I spoke of the cuff I inserted the wrong word, or with Paul's use of the work kingdom, it isn't 6 uses but 12. Other than that, I put this out there.

If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, I'd encourage you to skip to the end. At 1:07 I start in with the conclusions including the implications for ministry, preaching/hermeneutics and missions. It's just an overview--you'll have to read more to see how this is fleshed out.

Also at 1:17 there is a good question about the relationship between preaching the kingdom and preaching the gospel.

Here is the copy of the paper.

Overview of the Kingdom of God in the NT

No comments:

"The Voyages..." Forays into Biblical studies, Biblical exegesis, theology, exposition, life, and occasionally some Star Trek...